BCFA Code of Practice
BCFA Members are required to agree to the full code of practice in the link below. However membership is not automatic; all applications must be ratified by the BCFA Council. To receive further details please complete the enquiry form available on the "Application form" page.
The code of practice is a pre-requisite of BCFA membership and will be signed by a Director of the member company or any company applying for membership prior to its acceptance. The BCFA will require each year, on the renewal of membership, updated information of the member's status with regard to financial results, accreditations and changes in the company structure and that they continue to meet the criteria for membership.
The code is based on best practice in all commercial operations and adherence to legal and ethical guidelines in the code.
Members of the BCFA shall conduct their business in a manner that will encourage the respect of clients, fellow members, the interior design and contract furnishing industry and the general public. It is the individual responsibility of every Member of the BCFA and of their employees to abide by the Code of Practice and relevant Policies and Position Statements of the Association.
Aims and Objectives
- To ensure all stakeholders have total confidence in the ability of members to operate within the required standards of the Association.
- To ensure that all clients receive the best practicable service from Members having regard to the nature and price of the goods or services supplied.
- To encourage the promotion and observance of good, ethical business practice among Members.
- To maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of the Association and its membership.
- To encourage collaboration, initiative and enterprise within the Association.
- To ensure that Members are familiar with the Association's objectives and standards.