The BCFA continues to work to support the next generation of product designers and on 23rd January we held the second BCFA Student Clinic at the Sheffield Institute of Art for third year students from the Product and Furniture Design BA course. Representatives from four BCFA members held a series of half hour 121 meetings with 45 students to review their portfolios and to discuss their career options. As with the Clinic last year many students took the opportunity to book meetings with each of the BCFA members to explore the different options available.
The BCFA members were:
- Mark Ibbotson, Product Designer at Gresham Office Furniture
- Andrew Reynolds, Managing Director of Curtis Furniture
- Louise Shaw, Senior Designer at Lugo Group Europe
- Stuart Wells, Product Development Manager at Astro Lighting
- Ross Dickson, Senior Product Designer at Astro Lighting
The BCFA members were supported by Lynn Jones of Lynn Jones Associates who is a specialist furniture head-hunter and careers advisor and previously the Head of the Furniture Design Course at Bucks New University.
A huge thank you to the five BCFA members who took the time out from their busy schedules to take part in this event.
In 2019 we are planning to expand the clinic to involve third year students on the Interior Design Degree Course. If you would like to get involved with next year’s clinic then contact Jeremy at email@example.com