Creative Clerkenwell, run by Charlene Lam, is to curate a design-led festive pop-up shop at Milliken’s Berry Street flooring showroom and other spaces around Clerkenwell. The pop-up shop at Milliken will be open for business from 4th through to the 8th December 2017, with a late night opening on Wednesday 6th December. The unique shopping experience, in Milliken’s stylish and expansive Clerkenwell showroom, will be a celebration of colour and pattern, featuring special one-off gifts.
The work of a hand-picked selection of designers and makers from a broad range of disciplines will be on sale for the design-savvy Clerkenwell audience. At the Milliken showroom UK makers work will be on sale and there will be a gift-wrapping and card-writing station for the ease of visitors.
Featured designers include:
- Sally McGill who is a painter turned potter based in North London. She produces colourful, hand-decorated plates, jugs and vases with cheerful mid-century modern influenced patterns.
- Corinne Hamak, a fashion designer turned jeweller who designs and makes versatile, playful pieces for modern women. Clerkenwell based Corinne is a Central Saint Martins graduate.
- South London based Japanese designer and maker Maiko Dawson who designs and makes colourful leather bags and accessories. Maiko trained in shoe-making at Cordwainer’s College and also makes custom leather shoes.
- Clerkenwell-based architect Charis Tsang, who creates exquisite linocut prints and cards under the name of Monokraum. The linocut images are meticulously hand carved, inked and hand pulled.
- Clerkenwell based Central Saint Martins graduate Jenny Parker London, who designs and makes elegant, geometric jewellery inspired by movement.
- Kate Jones who makes knitwear accessories (scarves, hats and gloves) and soft furnishings (cushions and throws) on a hand-powered domestic knitting machine from 100% fine quality wool sourced from Yorkshire, England and County Donegal, Ireland.
The pop-ups are being organised as part of ‘A Creative Clerkenwell Christmas’, a series of installations and pop-ups in Clerkenwell, curated by The Creative Edit, presented by Creative Clerkenwell, hosted by Milliken and other neighbourhood spaces.
Hours of opening
Mon 4 Dec: 10am-6pm, Tue 5 Dec: 10am-6pm, Wed 6 Dec: 10am-9pm – festive late night shopping!
Thu 7 Dec: 10am-6pm and Fri 8 Dec: 10am-6pm
Milliken Clerkenwell Showroom
5 Berry Street
London EC1V 0AA