Writing Content for the Web: Understand People So That You Can Write Better And Sell More
Words can make you a fortune.
If you want people to buy from you, you need your marketing to be persuasive. If your copy is engaging your audiences will want to read on and you’ll have a chance to sell to them. Of course, if your copy is boring, you’ll lose that potential customer before you can say, ‘click’.
These days, your digital marketing success rests on your ability to communicate effectively online. Whether it’s on Twitter, Facebook or your blog, words matter. Attention spans may have gotten shorter, but research suggests people read 10x more words per day now than they did 20 years ago.
This workshop offers a step-by-step guide for those who know the basics, and are seeking more advanced, psychology-driven copywriting techniques.
With practical insight into human decision making, this 1-day workshop will show you how to research and create engaging content for a variety of web platforms. You’ll learn the latest techniques on how to write sparkling copy that people will read, share and act upon.
What is it?
Your (web) copy has a huge impact on customer’s perceptions of your brand – both on and offline. Your (digital) copy is crucial to the way you inform, persuade and sell
This highly practical (online) copy writing course offers research-based best practice advice. Applying tried and tested copywriting techniques will dramatically improve your (online) sales and marketing performance. You can use the information you learn in everything from your printed flyers, brochures and leaflets to your web pages, email newsletters and social media.
You will learn from real-world case studies and re-writing exercises. This is an enjoyable way to learn and will help build your (online) copywriting skills. You’ll come away from the workshop energised and confident that you can transform your on and offline content.
Understanding Your Audience
- How to know what your audiences really think
- How people read both on and
- Adverts, offers and promotions – how to write this crucial material
Clarity and Persuasion
- How to attract their attention
- Design content and (web) pages that get your message across
- Front-loading your message
- Useful guidelines and exercises
Choosing the Right Language
- Choosing the right Tone of Voice
- Being concise
- The importance of grammar
- The use of jargon
- Constructing good quality paragraphs and sentences
Writing for the Web – Guidelines and Examples
- Home Pages
- Product pages
- Shopping cart and checkout pages (if applicable)
- FAQ’s and help pages
- Form design
- Email newsletters
- Social Media – Facebook and Twitter
- Copywriting for mobile devices
Still Writing for Print?
- Direct Mail
- In-house vs. Outsourcing– how to decide
- Bringing all stakeholders on-board
- Developing review and editing processes
- Maintaining quality standards
Attend this course, and you will be able to:
- Understand the power of quality copywriting
- Write compelling content that both communicates and persuades
- Attract the attention of your target audiences
- Explain the differences between copy for print and online
- Develop internal copywriting processes for organisation
This course is for anyone involved in curating or editing (website) copy and social media content. Typical attendees include marketers, managers, copywriters, social media editors and website owners.
Andrew Lloyd Gordon is a Marketing Psychologist, Consultant, Speaker and Google Academy Trainer. Andrew speaks regularly at conferences and events and is a guest lecturer at several universities and business schools including Cambridge, Warwick, Aston and Lancaster.
Thursday 7th May 2020
09.30 - 16.30
Tickets are £99 + VAT each.