Grow Your List, Grow Your Business: Engage Your Audience And Generate More Sales With Email Marketing
Marketing fads come and go (Tik Tok anyone?).
Fortunately, email marketing is still, by far, the most cost effective and powerful marketing channel at your disposal. Unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder to capture the attention of your subscribers. Your audience has just too many emails to deal with and they’ve seen it all before anyway…
So, how do you stay ahead of the pack and improve your Email Marketing results? This is where this new, fully revised Email Marketing training course comes in.
Attend this programme and you will learn the fundamentals email marketing success - from forming strategies to setting targets and objectives through to designing engaging content and improving deliverability.
This one-day in-depth course led will give you both the 'Big Picture Overview' and a list of practical tips and suggestions that you can use immediately.
- Email Marketing - the pros and cons
- The Top 10 things you can do with email
- Permission and E-permission marketing
- Defining your goals
- E-marketing strategies
- Choosing your metrics
- Setting your budgets
- Case studies
Email marketing essentials
- Conducting a competitive analysis
- Matching yourself against industry benchmarks
- Legal essentials and regulations when broadcasting
- Choosing between Email Service Providers (ESPs)
- Planning and delivering email campaigns
Emailing for customer acquisition and retention
- Customer acquisition methods - on and offline
- Encouraging web visitors to subscribe
- Crafting effective registration processes
- Developing a touch strategy
- Customer retention strategies
Creating effective email campaigns
- Building trust with subscribers
- Developing engaging content
- Improving the value offering of your emails
- Planning for Viral and Social Media Marketing
HTML email design and technology
- Laying the foundations
- Branding your design
- Working with templates
- Choosing colours and fonts
- Designing for the preview pane
- Designing for 'Above the Fold'
Writing for email
- Developing tone of voice guidelines
- Improving scannability
- Writing on the Inverted Pyramid
- Short vs long copy
- Thinking about subject lines and from fields
- HTML vs text emails
- Sending Multi-part MIME and other formats
- Email reader compatibility and testing
- Improving inbox deliverability
- Avoid looking like a spammer
- Improving list quality
- Removing non-responsive emails
- How to minimise unsubscribes and complaints
Campaign measurement and making on-going improvements
- Understanding conversion and performance metrics
- Tracking landing pages
- Reducing abandonment and bounce rates
- Structured approaches to testing
- A/B and Multivariate testing
- Analysing test results
- Case studies
You, the law and email
- Understand the basics
- What you can and cannot do
- Where to go for more advice
The future of email marketing
- Social Media - the death of email?
- How email may change in the future
- New innovations, technology and use
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Effectively plan your email marketing campaigns
- Stay within the law when broadcasting emails
- Create a strategy to build segmented target lists
- Improve your inbox deliverability
- Interpret campaign metrics and make continuous improvements
- Create and test landing pages according to best practice guidelines
- Create HTML emails using best practice design and development guidelines
- Test your email HTML across different email readers
- Plan for future developments and innovations in email marketing
This course is a non-technical email marketing aimed at delegates who have had some experience of email marketing but need to enhance their knowledge of email marketing strategy and the day-to-day realities of running an email marketing campaign.
This workshop is suitable for those in senior and middle-level leadership, managerial and supervisory positions. The workshop is ideal for those who have direct responsibility or involvement with marketing, sales and customer care.
All delegates receive all of the slides, workbooks and other supporting material. Post-course support, via email and telephone can also be provided if required.
Andrew Lloyd Gordon is a Marketing Psychologist, Consultant, Speaker and Google Academy Trainer. Andrew speaks regularly at conferences and events and is a guest lecturer at several universities and business schools including Cambridge, Warwick, Aston and Lancaster.
Timings & Location
Tuesday 31st March
09.30 - 16.30 (Lunch and all refreshments included)
Bisley Office Furniture, 32 Dallington St, London EC1V 0BB
Tickets are £150 + VAT each.