How to get your website to the top of Google
Search Engine Marketing Secrets in Plain English
How do new and existing customers find you and your information online? They ‘Google you’ of course. Simple.
Or maybe not….
For many people, how and why your website rises to the top of the search results is a mystery. There are so many things you need to do. Google change the rules all the time and search engine consultants want you to pay through the nose for a job you could do yourselves!
This new Search Engine Marketing (SEM) course is designed for those who want to take control of their search engine rankings.
During an enjoyable, interactive day you will discover proven, simple tactics for achieving top spots on Google as well as Yahoo! and Bing. From earning trust to improving conversion rates, this workshop will give you all the tricks, tips and ideas you need to:
- Introduction and Overview
- What is Search Engine Marketing really?
- How to assess your current website performance
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Busting the SEO and PPC myths
- Black Hat vs White Hat SEO
- Authority – what Google is looking for
- The Five ingredients of Google Optimisation
- Conducting keyword researching
- Identifying online gaps and opportunities
- Designing your site with SEO in mind
- Writing web copy to be found in the search engines
- The importance of backlinks
Pay Per Click (Google Ads)
- Is the price of Pay Per Click advertising too high?
- How to Profitably Market Small Businesses (with Small Budgets) with Google Ads
- Creating a Google Ads account
- Setting up your account for success
- Campaigns, Ad Groups and Ads – what does this all mean
- Launching your first campaigns
- Do your keywords have too much competition?
- A proven practice approach for getting more from your ads
- Understanding of how tailor your messaging based on your audience’s mindset.
- Understand the metrics
- Converting web traffic from PPC
- Combining SEO, PPC, Social and Email in a powerful combinatiom
- Choosing and working with an SEM agency
- Conclusions, Summary and Action Plans
- Use keyword tools to discover what your audiences are searching for
- Design your site around the five key ingredients Google wants
- Build online credibility and trust, the essential currency for search engine success
- Generate backlinks with up-to-the-minute, link-building strategies
- Track traffic, engagement, conversions, and the effectiveness of each site element
This non-technical workshop is suitable for anyone in a marketing, PR or communications role. No prior knowledge of SEO or PPC is required. Suitable for those in supervisory and management positions from junior to mid-level seniority who must:
- Present at Boardroom level
- Persuade and influence colleagues internally
- Give presentations
- Deliver credible information
All delegates receive the slides, workbooks and other supporting material. Post-course support, via email and telephone, can also be provided if required.
Timings & Location
Thursday 16th July 2020
09.30 – 16.30
Lunch and all refreshments included.
Bisley Office Furniture, 32 Dallington St, London EC1V 0BB
Andrew Lloyd Gordon is a Marketing Psychologist, Consultant, Speaker and Google Academy Trainer. Andrew speaks regularly at conferences and events and is a guest lecturer at several universities and business schools including Cambridge, Warwick, Aston and Lancaster.
Tickets are £150 + VAT each.