The BCFA has taken a lead role in the setting up in 2018 of the Furniture and Interiors, Education, Skills, Training Alliance (FIESTA) made up of trade associations from across the furniture and interiors industries.
FIESTA has been formed to combat the threat of a widening skills gap in our sector by facilitating internationally recognised skills development, the development and adoption of apprenticeships and helping the industry become a sector of choice for school and college leavers.
Who is involved?
FIESTA brings together the key Trade Associations and Affiliates who represent the manufacturers in this sector together with the sector’s charity.
- The Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers (AMUSF)
- The British Contract Furnishing Association (BCFA)
- The British Furniture Manufacturers Association (BFM)
- The Furniture Makers’ Company
- The Kitchen, Bedrooms, Bathrooms National Training Group (KBBNTG),
- The Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom Specialists Association (KBSA)
- The Kitchen Education Trust (TKET)
- The National Bed Federation (NBF)
For more information on FIESTA, apprenticeships, upskilling, accessing government funding, engagement with schools, and how you can get involved visit: www.fiestalearning.com