About The Sofa and Chair Company
Imagine the highest quality, luxury home furnishings and furniture all under one roof. Based in West London, The Sofa & Chair Company boasts one of the largest interiors showrooms in Europe, the largest fabric library in the UK and was founded in direct response to the needs of interior designers and discerning customers searching for unique and beautifully made furniture pieces.
Dedicated to true British craftsmanship, The Sofa & Chair Company prides itself on being the UK’s leading manufacturer of sofas and bespoke furniture and having only the finest manufacturing practices, authentic materials and a steadfast commitment to quality. With our own manufacturing operation just a stone’s throw from our showroom, we pride ourselves on our design, our quality, and the memorable end-to-end experience that we’re able to offer to our clients.
2020 is an incredibly exciting time for The Sofa & Chair Company; we’re looking to do things a little differently going forwards, and we are looking for talented, passionate people to join us for the journey. If you’re looking for a new challenge, you’re empowered and motivated by making an impact, and you’re looking to drive change, then read on...
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Content Executive, who will execute campaigns from creative ideation and strategy through to production, posting, optimisation and evaluation. Our ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and a real passion for interior design. You will be working as part of our Marketing team and will be responsible for the day to day running of the content and copywriting on our social media and websites.
Expected qualifications and experience
- Content creation from magazine editorials to blog posts and social media content.
- Understand your target audience, you'll need to know what interests them.
- Identify fresh and interesting angles for your articles.
- Write for webpages, blogs and potentially for social media, e-books, slogans, and video script
- Identify key messages - understand the main thing that you want the reader to feel and do and how to communicate this powerfully.
- Work with creative teams to ensure that the visual elements of the webpage complement the words.
- Tailor the content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose - whether they are intended to sell or inform.
- Working as part of a creative team to produce inspiring creative concepts and execute ideas through multi-channel campaigns.
- Optimising content for SEO working with and supported by SEO consultants.
- Supporting research projects including market data analysis.
- Creation and distribution of press releases through appropriate channels.
- Developing and refining the company’s core messages and values.
- Event support: Organising and marketing of the company’s customer-facing events.
- Managing scheduled communications and news updates.
- Periodically reviewing and updating website copy.
- Building relationships with customers, prospects and industry leaders.
- At least 1 year of demonstrable experience in content creation/copywriter
- Degree in English Literature or similar
- Strong copywriting skills and writing experience
- Be passionate about generating compelling content that’s engaging and precise.
- Experience of Hootsuite, Buffer or other social media management software is a plus
- Experience using analytical tools, including Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, etc. is a plus
- An understanding of SEO best practice is a plus
- Experience of working with luxury brands, ideally within the furniture/interiors sector
For more information or to apply for the vacancy please click here