About The Sofa & Chair Company
The Story So Far
Imagine the highest quality, luxury home furnishings and furniture all under one roof. Based in West London, Larkbury Group boasts the largest luxury interiors showroom in the UK and the largest independent fabric library in Europe. The business, started as The Sofa & Chair Company, was founded in direct response to the needs of interior designers and discerning customers searching for unique and beautifully made furniture pieces.
Dedicated to true British craftsmanship, Larkbury Group takes great pride in being the UK’s leading manufacturer of luxury sofas and bespoke furniture and having only the finest manufacturing practices, authentic materials and a steadfast commitment to quality. With company owned manufacturing just a stone’s throw from the showroom, we pride ourselves on our design, quality, and the memorable end-to-end experience that we’re able to offer to our clients. Alongside our furniture offering, we’re proud to also operate Larkbury Curtains, our bespoke curtain and blind brand, established in 2002 and LUXSALE, the go to luxury furniture outlet.
This is an incredibly exciting time for Larkbury Group; we’re growing our team to help deliver our ambitious strategy to become The Ultimate Home of Luxury Interiors. If you’re looking for a new challenge, you’re a change-agent, you have an entrepreneurial flare and are motivated by taking ownership and accountability for the largest luxury interiors showroom in the UK, then read on...
About the Role
The Head of Interior Design & Space Planning will lead our growing Creative Design team, based in our West London showroom and supporting the entire group. Building on several years of success, we’re seeking a passionate and dedicated Interior Designer with the ability to lead, inspire and develop our creative resources, including, but not limited to:
• Creating the destination showroom; designing outstanding room sets from both existing and future product ranges of furniture, artwork, rugs, case goods and more…
• Leading the New Product Development (NPD) pipeline for upholstered items; focusing on delivering against our new client profile ‘wants and needs’
• Working closely with our marketing team to direct and style product and lifestyle shoots; from storyboarding to edit and production
• Supporting the design consultants with client drawings, mood boards and delivering beautifully designed homes of their dreams
• Working with third-party suppliers to deliver exceptional joinery, wallpaper and other physical installations, complimenting room sets and space designs
Creative Design is at the heart of our business. With the support of a small and dedicated team, as well as cross-functional sales and marketing departments, you will use your leadership & design skills to identify opportunities for growth, analyse client feedback and results, lead industry trends, improve operational efficiency and ultimately drive group business success.
Expected qualifications and experience
Key Skills Required
• Entrepreneurial attitude, with vast experience in Interior Design/FF&E for a design agency or a similar SME business – primarily with retail/end-consumer application (home design)
• Deep passion for and understanding of interior design; particularly fabric selection, application and furniture design
• Space planning experience, including product placement in a retail environment (advantageous)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Attention to the finest of details
• Leadership skills: the ability to bring your team along with you
• Must have excellent organizational skills, being able to perform multiple tasks, whilst managing own time and that of your team
• Ability to logically and systematically approach tasks and/or projects, to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines & budgets
• Can demonstrate high personal standards and good team working practices. Build working relationships across the company with all other functions and stakeholders
• Working knowledge of design programmes, for example, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, CAD etc.
• Stakeholder management; working collaboratively with the Buying & Merchandising functions, Production, Marketing & MDs of sub-brands
• Coaching and developing a team of direct reports
• Accountability for the planning, design and implementation of London’s largest luxury showroom
• Develop and execute a business strategy for the Creative Design team
• Present strategy, results and recommendations to the Group Board of Directors on a regular basis
• Be a point of contact for all showroom design activity – supporting client requests, design drawings etc.
• Collaborate with colleagues across the Group, promoting our values and leading by example
To apply or for more details, please go to The Sofa & Chair LinkedIn page.