About The Sofa & Chair Company
The Story So Far
Imagine the highest quality, luxury home furnishings and furniture all under one roof. Based in West London, Larkbury Group boasts the largest luxury interiors showroom in the UK and the largest independent fabric library in Europe. The business, started as The Sofa & Chair Company, was founded in direct response to the needs of interior designers and discerning customers searching for unique and beautifully made furniture pieces.
Dedicated to true British craftsmanship, Larkbury Group takes great pride in being the UK’s leading manufacturer of luxury sofas and bespoke furniture and having only the finest manufacturing practices, authentic materials and a steadfast commitment to quality. With company owned manufacturing just a stone’s throw from the showroom, we pride ourselves on our design, quality, and the memorable end-to-end experience that we’re able to offer to our clients. Alongside our furniture offering, we’re proud to also operate Larkbury Curtains, our bespoke curtain and blind brand, established in 2002 and LUXSALE, the go to luxury furniture outlet.
This is an incredibly exciting time for Larkbury Group; we’re growing our team to help deliver our ambitious strategy to become The Ultimate Home of Luxury Interiors. If you’re looking for a new challenge, you’re a change-agent, you have an entrepreneurial flare and are motivated by taking ownership and accountability for the largest luxury interiors showroom in the UK, then read on...
About the Role
The Head of Larkbury Curtains will lead our growing luxury curtains & blinds business, building on several years of success. We believe that our reputation puts us in a great position to scale the Larkbury brand, alongside our furniture and interiors division within The Sofa & Chair Company. With the support of a small, dedicated team, as well as cross-functional sales and marketing departments, you will use your commercial acumen to identify opportunities for growth, analyse results, improve operational efficiency and ultimately drive business success.
Expected qualifications and experience
Key Skills Required
• Entrepreneurial attitude, with experience of running a SME or franchise
• Passion for interior design, particularly fabrics
• Experience of owning/managing a P&L – end-to-end
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Leadership skills: the ability to bring your team along with you
• Must have excellent organizational skills, being able to perform multiple tasks whilst managing own time management
• Ability to logically and systematically approach tasks and/or projects, to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines & budgets
• Can demonstrate high personal standards and good team working practices. Build working relationships across the company with all other functions within the business
• Coaching and developing a team of direct reports
• Responsibility for achieving revenue targets
• Managing P&L for your brand
• Develop and execute a business strategy for Larkbury Curtains, alongside the Sales & Operations Manager
• Present strategy, results and recommendations to the Group Board of Directors on a regular basis
• Be a point of contact for any escalations
• Collaborate with colleagues across the Group, promoting our values and leading by example
To apply or for more details, please go to The Sofa & Chair LinkedIn page.