Imagine the highest quality, luxury home furnishings and furniture all under one roof. Based in West London, The Sofa & Chair Company boasts one of the largest interiors showrooms in Europe, the largest fabric library in the UK and was founded in direct response to the needs of interior designers and discerning customers searching for unique and beautifully made furniture pieces.
Dedicated to true British craftsmanship, The Sofa & Chair Company prides itself on being the UK’s leading manufacturer of sofas and bespoke furniture and having only the finest manufacturing practices, authentic materials and a steadfast commitment to quality. With our own manufacturing operation just a stone’s throw from our showroom, we pride ourselves on our design, our quality, and the memorable end-to-end experience that we’re able to offer to our clients.
2020 is an incredibly exciting time for The Sofa & Chair Company; we’re looking to do things a little differently going forwards, and we are looking for talented, passionate people to join us for the journey. If you’re looking for a new challenge, you’re empowered and motivated by making an impact, and you’re looking to drive change, then read on...
About the Role
Are you an interior design fanatic, who loves nothing more than helping people make their ideal home a reality? We’re looking to expand our Sales team as our business grows, and we need people who are passionate about our product, who easily build rapport with clients, who can understand their needs and support them in bringing their ideas to life. Here at The Sofa & Chair Company, our product speaks for itself. We’re known for our design and quality. We have that covered. As part of our Sales team you’ll work with clients to ensure that from initial conversation through to delivery of their coveted product, they’re informed, they’re guided through the process, and their every need is satisfied.
Based in our head office & showroom located in West London, you’ll have access to all the fabrics you could ever imagine, hundreds of room sets all on one site, as well as working alongside our Client Services, Buying & Merchandising, and Creative Design team. You’ll have all you need to set you up for success in terms of product and beautiful surroundings to invite your clients to. Your role will be to liaise with clients, find out their needs and do all you can to bring their plans to life. You’ll spend time calling, emailing and meeting with people who share your passion for good design, and use your knowledge to sell them everything they need to create a dream home.
It’s not just about closing sales and providing great customer experience, it’s about building and maintaining strong relationships. You’ll be a people person, as well as an interior designer; someone people come to for advice, for guidance, who they feel they can trust.
Our sales team work both individually and as one team; it’s important that you’re motivated to hit both your own targets, but also those of your team. You will be required to arrange meetings with clients to support the specification process, and to ensure that you have established a clear sales order pipeline in order to retain a long term relationship.
Please note that you may also be involved in visiting clients at their business address or home address.
Expected qualifications and experience
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong reporting skills, and able to clearly plan and manage the client journey
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written - you will be communicating with clients over the telephone, in person, and via email
- Attention to detail, an eye for accuracy - you will make sure that you work to a very high standard, maintaining accurate client records
- Knowledge and appreciation of furniture design, luxury furniture brands, trends, and styles
- Knowledge of upholstery fabrics and suitability for different trends/styles/usage.
- Ability to logically and systematically approach tasks and/or projects, to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines
- Versatility to understand and adapt to clients' current working methods and objectives, aligning our service accordingly
- Able to demonstrate confidence, clarity, empathy, patience and professionalism at all times
- You're self-sufficient as well as a team player, you're tenacious and resilient and enjoy working in a fast-paced, hands-on, dynamic environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office & Outlook
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Full and clean drivers licence
- Experience using SAP
- Achieving sales targets of £1m+
- To grow and manage a portfolio of 100+ accounts
- To deliver an exceptional service to our clients
- Full ownership of sales from concept to completion
- Driving forward best practice across the team
- Ownership and delivery of a challenging personal sales target
You’ll work as part of a Sales team, your network of experts who will be there to help you develop.