About Chelsom Ltd
Founded in 1947, Chelsom Ltd is a global family business, specialising in decorative contract lighting. They have 100% focus on designing product for the hospitality market, servicing hotel and cruise projects worldwide. They commit to offering high quality and comprehensive project management to deliver lighting solutions at all levels.
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated and driven individual to join their fast-paced sales team as a Sales Consultant responsible for developing business across London and the South East with existing and new accounts.
About the Role
The Sales Consultant will be responsible for developing business across their area with existing and new accounts. These may include major hotel groups, healthcare groups, interior designers & architects, 3rd party FF&E procurement groups, main contractors, electrical contractors and project management companies. Based from home, a cross section of accounts will be assigned to the Sales Consultant and they will be required to communicate with them on a regular basis, visiting them as and when necessary. However prospecting and cold-calling to build up new relationships will form a large part of the role.
Revenue is expected to come from both major large-scale projects as well as from day to day sales from the Sales Consultant's client base. The Sales Consultant will be expected to ensure that there is regular flow from both revenue streams.
Duties and Tasks:
- Dealing with all aspects of customer enquiries.
- Managing the interface between client and business.
- Manage enquiries from inception through order delivery and aftercare.
- Work closely with in house sales coordinators to manage high value projects.
- Coordinate all key stakeholders in large fast past projects.
- Take responsibility for the commercial aspects of projects and ensure sales are converted.
- Provide reports on ongoing projects back to the office with information on forecasting, project updates and opportunity lists.
- Network with the sales consultants based in the UK and with regular communication including European export manager and VP of USA.
- Travel extensively in the UK attending client meetings, head office sales meetings and exhibition attendance.
Expected qualifications and experience:
Previous Sales Consultant experience with a minimum of 3 years previous experience in a similar role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent networking skills - developing new clients and contacts within the industry.
- Strong relationships with the London A&D community.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- The ability to clearly communicate client requirements efficiently to the sales office.
- Ability to listen and have empathy with a client to clearly define client needs and expectations.
- Confidence, enthusiasm, resilience and an honest adaptable approach will be key attributes of a successful candidate.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Zara_waters@chelsom.co.uk