Burgess Furniture is Europe’s leading designer and manufacturer of high-quality chairs and tables for the hospitality sector. With a rich heritage spanning over 60 years, the company has evolved from its roots in cycling, when founder Gerald (Gerry) Burgess spotted an opportunity for growth to create the world-renowned Burgess stacking banquet chair.
With a dedicated factory in South West London and an in-house creative team, Burgess continues to push the boundaries of modern furniture design, producing on-trend, innovative solutions for its international client base.
About the Role
- To facilitate the efficient flow of manufacture of upholstery components and assembled products.
- Developing systemised work procedures appropriate to each process / machine to ensure consistency, repeatability and maintain the high level of quality and longevity expected.
- Process improvement within the scope of the above responsibilities to improve efficiencies and quality standards
- Monitoring employee productivity, training, H&S compliance and quality levels
- New product development – fit for manufacture. Existing product development – ease of manufacture
- Fabric cutting (both traditional and automated)
- Sewing room
- Foam shop (cutting, trimming and gluing – also use of moulded foam products)
- Automated upholstery processes – 8 machines for semi automation of the upholstery process.
- Organisation of a team of 6 traditional manual upholsterers
- Assembly team (6 – incl. supervisor)
Expected qualifications and experience
- Organisation of the production flow, and tasks within the upholstery and assembly processes at Burgess Furniture
- Strong skills in upholstery methods and techniques and knowledge of fabrics
- Leadership, management and development of a team of 25
If this role is something you may be interested in, please contact email@example.com for more information or to apply.